Reaching 85% of Multiple Birth Families
|Expectant Parent Packets||New Parent Packets||Membership||Magazine||Products||Forum||Timely Topics|
Beware of Poisonous Holiday Plants(HealthDay News) -- Poinsettia plants aren't as poisonous to people and pets as was once believed, the Minnesota Poison Control Center says. But poinsettias do have a mild irritant that can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, the center warns.
Other popular holiday plants, however, are more dangerous if ingested. The poison center offers this list:
Holly -- this plant's bright red berries are highly toxic and can be fatal if ingested, even in small amounts.
Mistletoe -- berries, leaves and stems of this plant are all poisonous.
Jerusalem cherry -- the bright berries and all other parts of this plant are poisonous.
Bittersweet -- berries, leaves and stems are all toxic.
Copyright (c) 2006 ScoutNews LLC. All rights reserved.
|©2009 The Triplet Connection P.O. Box 429, Spring City, Utah 84662 (435) 851-1105 Fax: (435) 462-7466 Email TC|